CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

31 Going on 25

it's funny how my korean colleagues especially my juniors flip over whenever they learn that i'm already married (their eyes wide open) - at 31 years old (their jaws drop) - and have a 10 month old baby (gusto na nilang tumambling).
they would always tell me that i look young. i look younger that most of the juniors.
they'd always make a guessing game of my age and most would guess that i'm around 25 years old.

since i have to adapt to their culture i don't really like to be told that i look young. since seniority is how things get done here it's actually a disadvantage for me because most of the time i get bossed around by those bitchy koreans and later find out that i'm more senior than most of them!

there was also another instance when a latino guy was making small talk and i could sense that he was going to ask me out. he was surprised that i was working for the company for a long time and thought that i skipped college. i told him i actually took a 5-year course and he finally asked for my age (which i've been waiting for him to ask). he was dumbfounded and turned out he was actually 6 years younger than me. he still invited me out but i declined and told him i'm married.

2 comments:

lelila said...

i just wish i have the same problem as yours. Im always mistaken to be older than my real age. =(

JAN said...

hi lelila if you stand next to a korean you'd definitely look younger. ehehe...